Saturday, November 12, 2011

Yankee Stadium for Army Football


I was a guest for the Army-Rutgers football game at Yankee Stadium this afternoon where I got the opportunity to cheer on not only the players but hundreds of our incredible young cadets as they joined for today's big event.

When the Army team hit the field the stadium erupted in cheers and the cadets, dressed dashingly in their blues, didn't sit down the entire game. A near-touchdown that stopped at one yard in the first two minutes got the game off to a hot start. Though they did not win, they played hard and cheered even harder. Almost as fun as the game was the time I spent snacking, chatting, and screaming alongside some of our nation's bravest young leaders. What can I say except...GO ARMY!!!


Thank you to the cadets for a wonderful afternoon and all my love in your adventures ahead!! Congratulations to the team and to rivals Rutgers University for a great game!

No comments: