Saturday, November 19, 2011

Talking with Girl Scouts About Leadership

Thanks to the Girl Scouts in Astoria for a great leadership chat today! I was invited by my local troop to join for their food drive event and sit down with the girls to talk about what defines a leader. We talked about how to engage in leadership at all ages and in all places, and what qualities a leader carries. We decided that a leader is one who makes positive choices when faced with decisions or opportunities.

The girls caught right on, sharing stories of leaders in their lives and examples of times when they made a leader-ly choice. Being a Girl Scout is being a leader. I know that from my 11 years as one, and working for my Silver Award. I have to extend a huge thank you to all the Girl Scout Troop Leaders across our country. You are facilitating vital opportunities for the young women in your community to get hands-on leadership experience. Every hour you volunteer is enriching the coming generation with the skills and role models they need to succeed!

No comments: