Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Talking with the NYS School Boards Association about Dignity for All Students

Sat down today at the headquarters for the New York State School Boards Association to discuss the Dignity for All Students Act in New York. This new policy will require schools to implement bullying training for staff by this coming June. I have had almost all of the schools I've worked with reach out to me for recommendations on programs to utilize in response to this new requirement. Since the specifics of the requirements are still up in the air, I reached out to some of the policies leaders to get the scoop. I'm excited to say that I've reached out to my friends at many of the nation's top anti-bullying organizations to ask if they would be interested in custom fitting some of their curriculum to meet the needs of this new policy. Every one of them has expressed interest.

I will be working in partnership with these organizations and the NYSSBA to make the transition into the new Dignity For All Students Act policy easy and effective for schools across New York. Stay tuned for updates!

No comments: