Thursday, November 17, 2011

USO on Broadway!!

I made my Broadway debut!!!! Tonight was the USO Liberty Bell's "Let Freedom Sing" Broadway Concert held at the Snapple Theater Center!


Friends, supporters and members of our military joined for a show that featured eleven of the 2011 Liberty Bell cast members. The show was a musical journey through the eras. We covered everything including classic Andrews Sisters', the Big Band era, disco favorites, and even some Lady Gaga (performed by yours truly!) The first handful of rows were filled with uniformed military members who kept the cheers rolling, especially as I pulled them onstage for a "Bad Romance" dance-off.

USO is my job-on-the-side during my year as Miss New York. I made sure to keep up my involvement because USO taught me nearly everything I know about advocacy, non-profit development, and community impact. This organization puts its mission above all else. To be a Bell one must demonstrate excellence in talent as well as ability to advocate a cause and hold engaging interactions with anyone from corporate sponsors to high ranking military to children and veterans. The skills I have developed in this job helped make me capable of the work I am doing today as Miss New York. I will continue working and volunteering with them as long as they will have me.

Yup, that's my Star Princess there to cheer me on! Thank you to everyone who came out tonight to give support!!!! It was a blast!

No comments: