Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Guest at Senator Klein's Dinner

Tonight I was invited by Senator Jeffrey Klein to join him for a dinner at Benjamins Steakhouse in Whiteplanes.

I joined a small crowd of his closest supporters and caught up with Policy Director Dana Carotenuto about developments and plans for the cyberbullying initiative. You will be thrilled to know that her team plans to do more than just work on legislation. I'm glad to say that she and I are on the same page in our belief that to make an impact on this issue we have to put focus on education. Keep your eyes peeled, I will be working with her team and we have exciting ideas in the works!


Among the esteemed guests was the young woman who captured my heart when I met her at the press conference, Miss Jamie Isaacs. Sitting at the Senator's table alongside her and her family, I got to learn more about their work as mediators for families struggling with bullying and advocates for safe school environments. This girl is incredible. Also sitting with me was Senator David Carlucci, who discussed with me his career as a politician that began at age 22. Carlucci is a supporter of the cyberbullying initiative.


Thank you to Senator Klein and his office for having me as a guest, and to Benjamin's Steakhouse for the terrific meal! Thank you also to the many new friends I met this evening!

No comments: