Thursday, March 1, 2012

A letter from my Princess...

Hi everyone -
I was wondering if you would like to donate some money to the kids with Leukemia.
I am raising money to help the kids get better faster and find a cure for Leukemia.
I think it is pretty scary and sad. I wouldn't want any of our friends and family to have it.
I have a website that you can donate through if you want.
It is http://los.mwoy.llsevent.org/MMURR.
I will be raising money for a few more weeks until the beginning of April.
I did a fundraiser at school but I would like to try to get more.
You can donate $5 or $5 million! And if you donate $5 million... Thank you now we are going to have a pizza party.
Hope you can help!
Love,
Maddie

This special message is brought to you by my Star Princess, Maddie!!!

So proud of her! The whole point of the Princess Program is to mentor girls to understand how the Miss America Organization supports what true beauty is really about. Maddie helped me win Miss New York and has followed my journey. She has watched and learned how to give back, and is now doing so on her own.

Because beauty is not about the fancy clothes and makeup. You can give anyone a nice dress and new hair-do...but you cannot make someone smart, driven and kind. Real beauty is about the light you have inside. Maddie is shining!!

You can be a Princess, too. Contact linda@missny.org to apply, and maybe you will be the next girl to help Miss New York!

No comments: