Saturday, March 3, 2012

Homecoming Pep Rally for Miss America

Today was all about Laura's home turf. We hopped in the car to Kenosha for Laura's Official Homecoming Pep Rally at St. Joseph's Catholic Academy.


Once everyone was properly briefed, we began the show. The Four were introduced and Laura was brought out on a literal throne. We threw T-Shirts into the audience (each missing the balcony by about a mile) and revved up the crowd. Laura sang several numbers and guests took the mic to share their special memories of Laura and her journey.

On the wall was a video montage of Laura's journey to Miss America. When it got to the Top 5 I looked up and instantly froze. "What?!" I thought, "Is THAT what it looked like? Is that ME?" And thus it finally hit me that I went to Miss America.

Having sneaked my camera onstage, check out what I caught:


Thank you to St. Joseph's staff and students for throwing such a party! Thank you also to all the community leaders who came out to show support, and to Laura for letting us be part of such a personal and exciting moment.

No comments: