Thursday, March 1, 2012

Miss America's Homecoming VIP Reception

After the show we joined Laura and her guests for a VIP Reception. Fans, friends, family and supporters had a chance to snap pictures, gather autographs and talk with us about the inside experience of being in the Top 5.

Many aspiring young leaders quizzed me about my year as cameras constantly snapped from all sides. I shared stories about my platform, the progress of Project Empower, and how much stronger I felt as a woman for having gone through this journey; self discovery has become a beautiful friend and my primary companion this year.


I had the immense pleasure of meeting Laura's family. They shared their journey through Laura's win and were nothing short of glowing. As they thanked me for joining them in celebrating her return home, I reminded them that any gratitude is entirely theirs to receive for having invited us to take part. When's the next time I'll be in Miss America's court? It is a privilege to be part of this entire weekend.

No comments: