Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Miracle Pancake Day


They're calling it Pancake Pandemonium. Some call it ManCakes Day. Either way...it's a great day for breakfast! Today I was out flipping flap jacks to help raise money for Children's Miracle Network at IHOP's Miracle Pancake Day.

On Miracle Pancake Day, IHOP offers a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes to every guest in order to raise awareness for Children's Miracle Network. In return, guests leave a donation to help support their local hospital. This year we broke records as the buttermilk warmth in bellies across America translated to warmth of heart and lots of donations.


It was a heck of a morning at the Long Island IHOP where I was helping out. These gorgeous stacks of golden cakes were flying out of the kitchen. I had the opportunity to talk with guests and share stories from my many visits to CMN Hospitals.


One of my new friends was thrilled to hear about the hospital and, after a good chat of laughs and jokes, excitedly donated and put up one of those iconic yellow bellows upon which he can leave his name. Later in the day I turned around and the word "Miss" caught my eye (a word I've become attuned to, as it is rarely used outside pageant culture.) Look what he wrote!!



I've never had anything but a wonderful time raising support for Children's Miracle Network.
Thank you to the staff and many guests at Hauppauge IHOP today for letting me be part of the festivities and share my stories of the wonderful work CMN does for children across New York!!

No comments: