Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ben Bay Kiwanis Dinner Gala

Tonight I joined more members of the Brooklyn Kiwanis family when I attended the Ben Bay Kiwanis Dinner Gala. I was invited by Brian Baslin who I met at last week's Kiwanis dinner. Brian is a valued supporter of my Children's Miracle Network fundraising and is personally involved in supporting several major children's health organizations.

This evening honored several members of this chapter for their excellence in generosity and community support, and awarded over $200,000 in charitable support to local organizations.


As we danced and dined (I ate two whole lobsters during happy hour and am praying that heaven uses the same caterers,) I learned about the many philanthropic efforts with which each man is involved. Several I recognized as regular supporters of the USO. During the evening they showed a video of a young boy from Italy who was told he would never walk. In the video, we watched him slowly walk himself down a hallway with a smile splashed wide across his face. This is the kind of magic that these men are facilitating through their generosity, and the whole state can take pride in the work these men do for not only their own community, but children and people around the world.


It was an honor to meet and join them and I wish them all the best in the coming year!

No comments: