Thursday, January 5, 2012

Miss America: Quality of Life Finalist!!!

At today's Miss America Arrival Ceremony at Planet Hollywood my name was announced as one of the eight finalists for the Quality of Life Award!!

The Quality of Life Award is a scholarship provided to Miss America contestants who have made exceptional impact on the lives of others. The selection is made based on an extensive application that explains the details of our platform work and involvements.

This award is what Miss America is all about! Forget the fancy pictures and pretty dresses...titleholders are about using their skills to give back to others. From working with Senator Klein on the new legislation to launching my own non-profit initiative - plus all the schools, events, and partnerships that happened in between - I tried to find a way each day to make sure I am always forwarding the fight against bullying.

During my AMWAY interview I had the chance to discuss my nomination.


From the politicians and organizations to the students and community members who gave their support, my effectiveness in the fight against bullying was fueled of the passion of many. I extend this honor to every single person who took part in supporting my work this year. Thank you to the Miss America Organization and the panel of Quality of Life judges for this incredible recognition!

No comments: