Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Honorary Citizenship from Watertown's Mayor Jeff Graham

This morning I stopped by to meet Watertown Mayor Jeff Graham. Mayor Graham is an avid blogger and longstanding leader of the Watertown area. I also had the honor of meeting one of our Congregational candidates, Matt Doheny. Both gentlemen and their teams gave me a warm welcome to the North Country.


Having gone to school at Clarkson University here in the snowy north of New York, I have a special fondness of this region of the state. The Miss New York Pageant was hosted in Watertown for years and the community has a strong affection for the title. In fact, my host for the week is a former Miss New York, Jessica Renzi, who met her current husband during her time as Miss New York here in Watertown. NYC is what comes to mind for most Americans who think of our state, and it has been my goal to expand people's awareness of what New York has to offer. There's no denying the beauty and culture that the North Country brings to our state.

Then I got a surprise...Mayor Graham granted me Honorary First Citizenship of Watertown! Yes, this means I am a certified Watertownian. This adds to an already long list of reasons why I'll be back up here (that is includes fishing, because if you haven't fished in Northern New York you haven't truly fished.)


Thank you to Mayor Graham, Matt, and all their staff for a wonderful morning!!

1 comment:

BHS said...

So glad you're one of us now, Kaitlin!