Friday, January 20, 2012

Keynote at PricewaterhouseCoopers

Thank you to PricewaterhouseCoopers for inviting me to be keynote speaker today to discuss contemporary leadership with their staff!

PwC is encouraging it's associates to step outside the typical finance mold in order to bring out the individualism that makes them valuable. I was so flattered when, after seeing me speak at NYU, this group asked me to share my story with their staff in order to encourage a dialogue about the benefits of taking the "path less traveled." Peter Drucker once said, "Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision." Whether asking to take college level engineering in 8th grade or choosing to go all-in on a beauty pageant for the sake of paying my education, I'm on board with Drucker's concept of making bold moves in order to maximize potential and opportunities, be it that of a business or your life. We had a great discussion about my Miss America experience, the skills I have learned and developed on my journey, and the benefits of setting lofty life goals.

Thanks to my new friends at PwC for letting me share the afternoon with them!

No comments: