Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meet Gianna, a Children's Miracle Network Hospital Champion

Earlier this week I got a Facebook message that turned into a dinner date. This doesn't happen often, but the individual who contacted me was well worth taking a night to meet.

Meet Gianna...a Children's Miracle Network Hospital Champion for New Jersey. She is a student, model and actress who comes to New York City almost weekly for auditions and work.

When only a year old, Gianna was in a car accident and suffered head trauma. She had to be placed in a coma in order to survive. When she awoke, she had no motor abilities. For the past thirteen years she has received regular care at CMN Hospitals. When I walked in tonight, Gianna met me at the door and gave me a massive hug. She rushed me to the table to meet her mother and best friend, and we instantly starting to gab about acting and Miss America. I never noticed the limited movement in her right arm and leg. Her wild curls, bright eyes and incredible energy captured all my attention.

Thank you, Children's Miracle Network. You didn't just save this girl
s life physically; Gianna is full of life because if the incredible care CMN Hospitals provide both medically and personally. So glad I got to meet her.

Let's do it again soon, Gianna!! I have to hear how Jonas was in How to Succeed!

No comments: