Wednesday, December 7, 2011

USO Gold Medal Dinner


A special shout out to all of tonight's honorees at the USO 50th Annual Gold Medal Dinner. I joined the Liberty Bells for a performance as part of tonight's gala where outstanding individuals from each member of our armed forces were honored. Also honored was my number one USO volunteer, Joan!! Joan volunteers full-time at the USO office in Port Authority and gives more than anyone could ever ask of an individual. She is like an aunt to us, and to every military member and family that walks in that door. Congratulations to Joan and the incredible honorees from our national service branches!

Of course, today is the anniversary of Pearl Harbor. My brother Peter has memorized FDR's Pearl Harbor Address down to every vocal intonation, and it has become tradition that I hear it recited each year. Since Pete isn't here to give me the live version, I believe youtube will have to suffice. Let us all spend this day remembering the individuals who gave their lives in defense of our freedom. Let us also honor the families who sacrificed for the sake of their neighbors and nation. God bless our military, and God bless America.

No comments: