Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pine Bush Elementary Schools

Thanks to Pine Bush School District for letting me rock out with your little ones today!  No joke, there was rocking. While I typically plead shyness when asked to sing by students, today I took a different route.  I grabbed three students from the crowd and had them come up to sing with me.  Of course, they pretty much whispered, leaving me to perform a rather rousing rendition of "Twinkle, twinkle."  Nevertheless there was music.

Of course, there was bullying talk, too.  We covered the basics of what to do and the many reasons behind bullying.  The day's theme was bravery.  Even when you are afraid no one likes your voice, you can sing anyway. You aren't hurting anyone. They can always leave the room if it's that bad.  Maybe the wisdom of babes will start to help me overcome my newfound stage fright.

Pictures coming soon!!

No comments: