Monday, April 2, 2012

Dansville School

Thank you to students at Dansville School for a powerful assembly about bullying and leadership! I spoke with students about the impact they can make by taking control of their lives and choices, and how students are already changing our state through the new legislation.
Prior to the assembly, I sat down with the student council to hear about their anti-bullying campaign already underway throughout the school. I was given a "Stop The Hate, Spread The Hope" shirt designed by one of the students. This is a wildly ambitious group!

Dansville administrators showed me their online student concern form, explaining that this allows all students to safely report any problems their experience. Students can even report how it affected their feelings or any behavioral changes they've had in response. Eliminating the word "bullying" from behavior reporting systems brings in higher report rates, which puts Dansville on the cutting edge of digital safety.
Check it! Big thank you to my beautiful new friend who gave me these gorgeous custom bracelets!!  Something about this makes me know that students in Dansville feel safe to share their unique selves. So glad  to be part of this family.

No comments: