Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bye Bye, Gluten

So I recently found out that I may be suffering from an allergy to gluten. This is basically the worst news I could ever receive. Ever. I love bread. But, I bit the bullet and decided I'm going to give gluten-free a go. I know it won't be easy, but if I'll feel better then it will be worth it!

I started Saturday evening at work. My cast mates had a great time eating dinner rolls right in my face while I suffered through my first experience of saying no to what I consider the first course of any meal. This morning, I was determined to start enjoying my gluten free life. So my mom (who has been visiting for the weekend from Rochester!) and I went to Peters Restaurant on the upper east side for brunch.

Peters has an expansive gluten free menu. Most importantly of all...Gluten free chocolate chip pancakes!!! I know, right!? Hopefully this transition will be full of many more wonderful discoveries.

No comments: